FRAYED [duo/wild]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
FRAYED [duo/wild]
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2018 17:47:29 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","mercypost"]she's set up residence in rustboro for the time being. keeps to herself, mostly, and only bothers making contact with rocket when it pertains to her own dealings. soon enough she'll have to migrate to slateport; it's the perfect way to wedge her foot in the door. now that her father's gone, her name holds less meaning (but that doesn't mean there still aren't people out there who know her, and who know to fear her). 

she pulls her green baseball cap down over her eyes, pops a piece of gum in her mouth. commotion drove her out of town. a small winter festival had evidently been planned for today (had she known, she would have probably gotten a hotel in the neighboring city for a night or two) and after the parade in the streets, she'd grabbed her belt, shrugged on her duster, and meandered her way to one of rustboro's connecting routes. 

her pokemon sleep in their balls for now. she'll call upon them only if and when they're needed. if she's going to make her move at slateport in the near future, she's going to need more gunpower. and that's going to mean training her useless wimpod

[newclass=.mercypost]font:10px calibri;[/newclass]
[newclass=.mercypost i]color:#d15c72;[/newclass]
[newclass=.mercypost b]color:#d15c72;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
Give some supportance to the bending twigs.
awards
651 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
FRAYED [duo/wild]
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2019 5:38:25 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar

he meets her in the green. bobbing gently on top of a gogoat's gentle gait, elijah waves almost absent-mindedly, his fingers curling naturally like withered autumn leaves. he's not sure if she expects him. all he knows is that he expects her.

as he nears, elijah preemptively slides off the goat's sturdy spine. he shoves his hands into their opposite sleeves and toasts them in their vacuums of warmth.

"i was sent by them." the apothecary's message comes before the gogoat groan: a soft herald. "some buddy-buddy system. i don't fucking know."

@mercy

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
FRAYED [duo/wild]
POSTED ON Jan 5, 2019 20:37:52 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","mercypost"]she hears the mount before she sees the man. even before the words leave his mouth, she knows why he's there. her lips twist sourly and she bites down hard on her gum. she's worked too damn hard for a fucking babysitter.

she makes it her business to know her colleagues, though it still takes her a couple of seconds of covert glances to stick a name to his face. 

"i'm not too into pleasantries," she says, looking elsewhere. she ducks under a low-hanging tree branch and frowns when something in the bushes scurries further into the underbrush at the sound of his gogoat's groan. 

"but we're going to have a bit of a problem if you keep scaring the wilds away. keep it quiet." 

[newclass=.mercypost b]color:#d15c72;font:bold 11px calibri;line-height:12px;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
651 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
FRAYED [duo/wild]
POSTED ON Jan 7, 2019 6:44:58 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar

"you and me both." elijah doesn't miss a beat; his face is serene, but only in the way that it maintains its strained bitter hue.

the rockets were a criminal organization. he didn't expect human decency to be a prerequisite. his ears perk up at the frantic noise of something scrambling away.

no matter. elijah pats the gogoat's back. "hey, she did nothing wrong." his lips thin. "i don't know if we'd want anything that cowardly anyway."

as if offended by the remark, the scurrying returns.

@mercy / gonna put in mod reqs now!

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,257 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
FRAYED [duo/wild]
POSTED ON Jan 8, 2019 1:21:49 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]
[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD GOOMY APPEARED

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / gooey[break]
tackle / dragon breath / absorb / bubble
[break][break]
@mercy   

[break][break]

[attr="class","sbody"]
[attr="class","ihead"]
A WILD AXEW APPEARED

[attr="class","aname2"]
what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]
 [break]
male / mold breaker[break]
dual chop / scary face / dragon claw / guillotine
[break][break]
@mercy   

[googlefont=Montserrat]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
FRAYED [duo/wild]
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2019 23:55:09 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","mercypost"]still, there's no shame in showing a cowardly pokemon the natural order of things. it's a dog-eat-dog world and if they're not going to rough these wilds up, someone else will.

but the bushes settle nonetheless and the moment is gone. she cracks a bubble with her teeth, eyes the gogoat with disdain. but she doesn't press the issue. 

she removes two pokeballs from her necklace and tosses them lazily beside her. beau, her granbull, shakes his head and falls into step beside her. her wimpod takes a couple of moments and slinks behind, eyes creased with stress. 

she stops then, brushes her thick hair behind her ear. a twig snaps and a couple of dragons wander out into the clearing. their low hums cease when they eye the two trainers standing there. mercy takes a step back and looks pointedly down at the wimpod, hand splayed out in front of beau's growling face. 

"poison them," she says. the wimpod shudders and then scuttles forward erratically, back stinger raised and ready to spray TOXIC poison over the two opposing pokemon. 

mercy looks back at the apothecary. "that one just a mount or can it battle too?" 

fairy type trainer but hnnn pink dragon

close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
651 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
FRAYED [duo/wild]
POSTED ON Jan 20, 2019 2:29:17 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar

"we've had our share of tussles." elijah says, his gravelly speech slipping out lazily. "isn't that right, aethia?"

an affirming bleat travels up the gogoat's throat before being carried by its charging body. as the toxic douses their foes, elijah's gogoat drives its horns into the two pokemon. each antler tosses the weakened dragons back. yet, the attack refuses to resolve.

his gogoat's movement slows upon impact. the limbs, as if they were caught in some invisible webbing, fall short of their limber normalcy.

elijah likes what he sees. he directs his partner to push forward on to the goomy "leaf blade him," he draws a pokéball from his loose clothes. "i'm nabbing this one. we've got plenty of leaves for it, after all."

a fierce strike catches the weak pile of sludge across its maw, and as it expels a gasp, a ball strikes it red.

@mercy / catching goomy / a round of posting or spawn? lmk!

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,257 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
FRAYED [duo/wild]
POSTED ON Jan 21, 2019 1:41:52 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]

ELIJAH CAUGHT GOOMY!

[attr="class","aname2"]

CONGRATULATIONS!

[attr="class","ipad"]

[break]

male / gooey[break]

tackle / dragon breath / absorb / bubble
[break][break]

@mercy   

[break][break]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]

A WILD BOLDORE APPEARED

[attr="class","aname2"]

what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]

[break]

male / sturdy[break]

power gem / iron defense / explosion / stone edge
[break][break]

@mercy   

[break][break]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]

A WILD GRANBULL APPEARED

[attr="class","aname2"]

what will you do?

[attr="class","ipad"]

[break]

female / intimidate [break]

outrage / crunch / play rough / fire fang
[break][break]

@mercy   

[googlefont=Montserrat]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
FRAYED [duo/wild]
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2019 5:44:42 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","mercypost"]wasteful.

the goomy hadn't shown any talent at all. even in the face of a wimpod it had cowered. and gods know her wimpod isn't anything terrifying. 

her petulant look on her face dissolves as the axew cries out. with its friend gone and poison making its eyes water, all it can do is back off and blunder through the bushes behind it. 

the wimpod returns to her, looking pleased with itself. it looks up at her for obvious approval, yellow eyes glowing with pride, and mercy waves a hand. "it was weak. we'll find you something more formidable to deal with." 

beau growls lowly beside her. she looks in the direction of the granbull's pointed ears and spots another granbull in front of them, ears flat against her head, fists curling. mercy looks at elijah and then points. 

"that one's mine." and then, upon looking down at the wimpod, she says, "you can help him with that. he might have a thing or two to show you." she moves her hand so that she's pointing at a boldore crawling into view, no doubt attracted by the cries of the axew. it trudges in looking for a fight. 

i'll post once more after u to quickly catch granbull!

close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
651 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
FRAYED [duo/wild]
POSTED ON Jan 27, 2019 0:54:36 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar

elijah's gogoat reels back, front legs cycling in the air before slamming on the ground with a stalwart steadiness. a defiant cry accompanies a vigorous stretch: BULK UP. the goat's body toughens up visibly, the fur almost lifting with its tensed muscle.

with a frown and upon mercy's utterance, elijah's eyes slide icily toward the wimpod. he doesn't mean to be aboding.

"he's cute." elijah whistles for his gogoat, but instead of stopping by its trainer, it picks up the wimpod by the mouth and hurls it onto its back. "work with him. give him the final blow."

the gogoat charges into the fray immediately, leaving the wimpod to hang on desperately. with a fierce bleat, it leaps, dodging a STONE EDGE that erupts from the earth like a geyser. quickly, a HORN LEECH saps the boldore of its STURDY constitution— but an IRON DEFENSE gleams upon its hardened body, the crystals shining bright.

the gogoat intends to dull the creature's lustre. a well-practiced LEAF BLADE cuts into the crystalline spine before it bucks the wimpod off its back.

it bleats, as if to say, "finish him."

@mercy / passing boldore / you can include details about wimpod's finishing blow or not, np!!

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
FRAYED [duo/wild]
POSTED ON Jan 28, 2019 22:55:50 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","mercypost"]normally she'd be worried about the bug pokemon making a spectacle of himself and embarrassing his trainer in the process. she's at the end of the rope with this one. if his incessant refusal to evolve and become useful persists, she'll have to do something else with him. and she's already warned him that he's not simply going to be released. where would be the incentive?

a low growl rumbles in beau's throat. she nods and the fairy dog leaps forward, front paws connecting lightly on the ground as its powerful hind legs propel it towards its target. the opposing granbull was ready for him, however, and sidesteps away from beau's frostbite fangs, delivering a swift snap to his side as he passes.

beau hits the ground at a skid and wheels around, guttural snarl leaping from his mouth as he charges forward. the matted fur on his side, blood pattering on the forest floor, is something he's barely seemed to notice at all. the female granbull, surprised this time, takes the ICE FANG at full power. 

beau pins her to the ground, paws scrabbling down on hers, fangs clasped around her neck. she squeals as he starts to close his maw; her body convulses as she struggles against him.

mercy throws a pokeball and looks back to his partner's gogoat in time to witness her wimpod's ascent into the air. she raises a brow at elijah and eyes her own pokemon critically.

the wimpod's heart might nearly have given out if he wasn't used to the training conditions regimented by his trainer. still, he leaves his stomach somewhere behind him as he's suddenly thrown into the air. hot, boiling water spews from his mouth, more out of fear than an actual finishing move. 

the SCALD hits the surprised boldore head-on and it tucks in on itself, moaning lowly at the burns worming their way into its rocky skin. it scuttles away slowly and her wimpod shrinks back; mercy's eyes flash. it shudders  under its trainer's stare and releases yet another SCALD on the boldore's exposed back.

the pokemon shudders and topples forward, dazed. mercy's nose twitches and she actually looks approvingly on at her wimpod.

when she picks up her new granbull's pokeball, she turns back to elijah. 

"any reason you're here and not in slateport?" her nose wrinkles. "or are you as unimportant as i am?" 

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
40,788 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
FRAYED [duo/wild]
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2019 23:02:26 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","sbody"]

[attr="class","ihead"]

MERCY CAUGHT GRANBULL!

[attr="class","aname2"]

CONGRATULATIONS!

[attr="class","ipad"]

[break]

female / intimidate [break]

outrage / crunch / play rough / fire fang
[break][break]

@mercy

[googlefont=Montserrat]

close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
651 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
FRAYED [duo/wild]
POSTED ON Feb 2, 2019 23:07:53 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar

"your granbull scares me." elijah watches the dog's jaw submit the other with ease.

it's grotesque. although pokemon were apparently predisposed to fight each other, the grisly detritus of battle—saliva, bruises, grime and blood—seemed much too romanticized in the social conscience.

he's happy for the wimpod, but his face shows little praise. the gogoat, having reeled away from the double SCALDS, returns to him with a content bleat.

"you could say that i'm unimportant, but slateport's too much of a shitshow for me." he says smoothly. "i'm elijah. what's yours, partner?"

@mercy

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
FRAYED [duo/wild]
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2019 0:03:17 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","mercypost"]"the idea is that our enemies feel the same way," she says coolly. with the battle over for now, beau pads obediently back to her. he twists and sets to grooming his fur back down, ears raised in case his trainer calls on him again. she stares down at him thoughtfully. with his help, the new female will make a good edition to the team. 

"you don't seem the rocket type," she says, voice low in case there are ears around them. she's curious, though not enough to openly pursue answers from him. emerald eyes flicker up from her pokemon and meet elijah's. 

she smiles. "mercy." 

close tab

played by

SHIV

eli
he/him
may 15
oldale
Bisexual
apothecary
executive
single
5'10" height
5'10" height
awards
651 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elijah
elijah gardner
FRAYED [duo/wild]
POSTED ON Feb 5, 2019 6:43:35 GMT
elijah gardner Avatar

elijah itches his eyebrow. there may be truth to her words. perhaps he's not the rocket type. then again, he wasn't sure what the "type" was. when confronted with the permanence of his association, elijah only knew they were all equally guilty in the eyes of the wider pokemon world.

the smile catches him off guard. he scratches his gogoat's neck, the thick leaves rustling crisply under his fingers. bleating warmly, the gogoat rubs his horns affectionately on his owner.

"are you the rocket type then?" elijah says. "or are you someone in it for yourself?" he raises his hands up. "no judgement here."

@mercy

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times